These tips will help you reduce the CPU footprint of your Joomla content management system.
- Enable Caching. Caching will allow users to view your website without re-downloading pages they've already seen. This will also have an effect on reducing your bandwidth used.
- Turn Off Gzip Compression. Compressing files is taxing on the CPU.
- Choose Clean Low Image Density Templates. Loading tens of pictures every time a visitor opens a new page on your website adds a great deal of unnecessary CPU usage. Templates with fewer images will load quicker with less processor time used.
- Cut Back On Components. Components are often CPU hogs. Disabling and removing unused components will improve your website's performance.
- Use Google Analytics and Awstats. Statistics components are heavy CPU users. Google Analytics and Awstats don't waste server time delivering results.
- Require Registration On Forums. Requiring registration will cut down on superfluous search and post traffic. CAPTCHAs will reduce spambot activity.