Here are two methods for adding MP3 files to your blog.
Upload Individual Files
This method is best for a small number of files.
- In your WordPress Dashboard, select "Posts", then "Add New".
- Select "Add Media".
- Drag and drop the MP3 files from your computer to the WordPress upload screen.
- When the uploads are complete, select "Insert into post".
Upload Multiple MP3 Files
- In cPanel, select the "File Manager".
- Click "Web Root (public_html/www)". If this isn't already the document root for your WordPress install, navigate to it.
- Find the "wp-content" folder and open it.
- Select "New Folder" from the top of the File Manager.
- In the popup window, name your new folder 'audio' (or something else if you prefer - it must be all lowercase) and click "Create New Folder".
- Once the folder has been created, you can upload your files here.
Adding MP3 Links To Posts
- In your WordPress Dashboard, click "Posts", then "Add New".
- Enter your post.
- Highlight the words you wish to turn into a hyperlink to the mp3 file. Click the "link" icon on the text box toolbar.
- Enter the URL of the mp3 you wish to link.
- Enter the title you would like to display when a visitor moves the mouse over the link.
- Put a checkmark in the box "Open link in a new window/tab".
- Click "Add Link".