Using The FG Joomla to WordPress plugin
- Log in to the WordPress Dashboard.
- Click "Plugins" then "Add New".
- In the search box, type "fg joomla to wordpress", and click "Seach Plugins".
- Click "Install Now", then "OK".
- Select "Activate Plugin".
Connect Joomla To WordPress
- In the WordPress Dashboard, select "Tools", then "Import", then "Joomla (FG)".
- In the "URL" field, enter the URL where the Joomla to WordPress import will end up.
- Click "Test the connection".
- If you receive a success message, go on to the next step.
Finding The Joomla Database Settings
- In cPanel, open "File Manager".
- Select "Web Root" and check mark the box for "Show Hidden Files", click "Go".
- Click the "+" next to the "public_html" folder.
- Select the folder where the Joomla installation is.
- Find the configuration.php file.
- Right click on the file, choose "Code Edit".
- Look for code that look similar to this:
public $host = 'localhost';
public $user = 'cPanelusername_jmln1';
public $password = 'GVCIuBIj71UUBa';
public $db = 'cPanelusername_jmln1';
public $dbprefix = 'joom_';
- Copy these database settings.
- Starting at the WordPress Import Joomla (FG) screen, look in the "Behavior" section and check off the boxes that you would like to have imported.
- Select "Import content from Joomla to WordPress". You should see confirmation of successful imports.
- Verify that your WordPress site now has your Joomla content on it.