There are two possible ways to change the login credentials for your WordPress install. You can do it through the WordPress Dashboard, if you're still able to login. If you have forgotten the username or password, you can also change the user/pass through phpMyAdmin.
Using the WordPress Dashboard
This method creates a new user for your WordPress install. It does not delete the old username/password.
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard.
- Select "Users" then "Add New".
- Enter a user name.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your name, and website.
- Enter the password you would like to use.
- Checkmark the box next to "Send Password".
- Select the role of the new user.
- Select "Add New User".
Using phpMyAdmin to Edit the Database
You must know the name of your database for this method.
- In cPanel, open the File Manager.
- Select "Web Root (public_html)" and checkmark "Show Hidden Files (dotfiles)".
- Select "Go".
- Find your wp-config.php file and right click it. Choose "Code Edit".
- Select "Edit".
- Find the database name - it will be identified with 'DB_NAME'.
- Exit the File Manager and navigate to the Databases section.
- Select phpMyAdmin.
- Find the database on the list at the left side and select it.
- From the navigation menu, select "wp_users".
- Next to the database login information, click "Edit".
- Find the "user_login" column, find the username, select it, and modify it.
- Click "Go".