If you would like to use Google+ Hangouts on your blog to organize events, you will need to add a widget using the Yakadanda Google+ Hangout Events Plugin.
A. Installing The Plugin
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Select "Plugins" from the left hand navigation menu.
- Select "Add New".
- In the search field, type "yakadanda google hangout events".
- Select the plugin and click "Install Now".
- Click "Activate Now".
B. Get Google API Keys
- Log in to the Google APIs Console. If you don't have an account, make one.
- Click "Create Project".
- Click "Services".
- Flip the "Calendar API" button to "On".
- Check the box to agree to the terms of service. Click "Accept".
C. Create An OAuth 2.0 Client ID
- In the Google APIs Console, select "API Access".
- Click "Create an OAuth 2.0 client ID".
- Enter the information needed in the popup window.
- Click "Next".
- Click the button for "Web Application".
- Change the default "https://" to "http://".
- Change the URL of the oauth2callback.php file to "www.domain.com/wp-content/plugins/yakadanda-google-hangout-events/oauth2callback.php", changing "domain.com" to your actual website.
- Click "Create client ID".
D. Connect Google API To The Plugin
- In the WordPress Dashboard, click "Settings", then "Google+ Hangout Events".
- Click "Edit" next to Yakadanda Google+ Hangout Events.
- In the field marked "Calendar ID", nter the email address of the Google+ account you plan to use to create events with
- Enter the API Key, Client ID, and Client Secret using the information give on the Google API Console Page.
- Select "Save and Connect".
- Click "Allow Access".
E. Add Events Widget to Sidebar
- In your WordPress Dashboard, select "Appearance", then "Widgets".
- Drag and drop the "Google+ Hangout Events Widget" to the sidebar.
- Enter a title for your event.
- Modify the settings as needed.
- Select "Save".