In order to make your WordPress installation show as Secure in Google Chrome, you'll need ensure that you have an SSL certificate installed and set WordPress to use the secure protocol.
Verify Your SSL
You can check your SSL status when logged in to your cPanel account.
- Log in to cPanel.
- Find the "Security" heading.
- Click "SSL/TLS Status".
If you see a padlock and "AutoSSL Domain Validated" next to your domain, the SSL certificate is installed and active and you can move on to the next section. If you do not, double-check that your domain has your NixiHost nameservers set, then click the blue "Run AutoSSL" in the "SSL/TLS Status" tool to force an SSL installation.
Make WordPress Load Securely
- Log in to your WordPress installation.
- Click "Settings" on the left hand side of the page.
- Find the two fields marked "WordPress Address (URL)" and "Site (URL)" and ensure that your URLs begin with "https" rather than "http".
- Click the blue "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the page.