There are many reasons for which you may want to move an addon domain into its own hosting. If you are finding your account reaches its CPU or RAM resource limits often, you may want to move one or more of your addons to their own hosting packages to reduce resource overhead; you may also wish to provide your client with their own cPanel access but don't need a Reseller plan. If you are already a Reseller customer, you may simply want to split addon domains for a client or your main cPanel account into their own cPanel accounts for resource or access reasons. For all these reasons and more, we're pleased to now offer the ability to split addons into their own cPanel accounts by request.
How to Split an Addon Off
The process is very simple, as we handle it entirely on the server side.
For Shared or Semi-Dedicated Customers:
- Place an order for a new hosting package
- Open a ticket or hop into chat and let us know that you would like to have an addon domain split off.
- Our team will make the change and provide you with the new login details for your new hosting package.
For Reseller, or Dedicated Customers:
- Open a ticket or hop into chat and let us know you want to have an addon domain split off. We'll need to know the cPanel account name that contains the addon domain, as well as the addon domain itself.
- Our team will make the change, and you'll be able to set the password in WHM at your leisure.