Unable to View Mail Folders
If you are unable to see your mail folders on your mail client, you will need to subscribe to them again to remedy this.
- Choose the account on the left side to view available IMAP folders.
- Select "Update List"
- Open the View menu, and make sure "Subscribed Only" is unchecked.
- Click the "Window" menu, then choose "Mailboxes".
- Select the "expand arrow" (the triangle) ti the left of the email account to see its IMAP servers.
- Select "Refresh Mailbox List" on the popup menu from the bottom right of the mailbox list.
- Select the "Folders" icon.
- Select "Rebuild Folder Tree" from the drop-down box.
- Select "Check Folders for New Mail".
On iPhone and iPod Touch
- Select "Settings", "Mail", "Account", "Advanced", "IMAP Path Prefix".
- Enter the word "INBOX"
- Select "Save".
In Mac OS X Mail Client
- Select "Mail", "Preferences", "Accounts".
- Choose your email account, select the "Advanced" tab.
- Checkmark the box next to "Automatically synchronize changed mailboxes".
- Close the panel and select "Save".
- Restart the mail client.
In Microsoft Outlook Express
- Find "Folders" on the left side of Outlook, and choose the inbox for the email account you are trying to fix.
- Select "Tools", then "IMAP Folders".
- Pick the folders you would like to display.
- Select "Show".
- Select "OK".
- Select "Settings".
- Select "Folders".
- Checkmark the boxes next to the folders you would like to display and sync.
- Select "Files", then "Subscribe".
- Select the folders you would like to display.
- Select "Subscribe".
- Click "OK".
In Windows Live Mail
- In "Account Properties", select the "IMAP" tab.
- Check mark "Check new messages in all folders" and "Store special folders on IMAP server".
- The correct paths for the folders are their names. For the Inbox, the path is "Inbox", for Drafts, "Drafts", and so on.
In Windows Mail
- Select "IMAP Folders"
- In the "Show/Hide IMAP Folders" dialog box, choose a folder.
- To view and download the folder and its contents, select "Show". If you wish to hide the folder and for the mail client to not download the contents, select "Hide".