We recommend using SSL. To use SSL, you will need to log in to cPanel to get the incoming and outgoing server names and ports.
- Log in to cPanel.
- Find the Email section, and click on "Email Accounts".
- Find the email address you wish to configure your email client for. To the right of the email address, click "CONNECT DEVICES"
The highlighted section labeled "Secure SSL/TLS Settings" contains your incoming server name and the correct port for either IMAP or POP3, as well as the outgoing server and the appropriate SMTP port.
You will need this information to complete setup.
Outlook 2010 Setup
- Open Outlook.
- Click "File" > "Add Account".
- The "Auto Account Setup" page will show a name and email address based on the user logged in to Windows. If this information is correct, click "Next". If not, click "Manually configure server settingsor additional server types" and then click Next.
- Choose "Internet E-mail" and click Next.
- Enter your name as you would like recipients to see it, then your full email address.
- Choose IMAP or POP3. If you're not sure, this article covers the differences.
- Enter the incoming and outgoing mail servers given to you in your cPanel in the first section of the guide.
- For your "User Name", enter your full email address again.
- Enter your password.
- Click "More Settings", at the bottom right.
- Click the "Outgoing Server" tab.
- Check "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication".
- Check "use the same settings as your incoming mail server".
- Click the "Advanced" tab.
- If you are using POP3 and SSL, change the POP3 port to 995. If you are using IMAP and SSL, change the IMAP port to 993.
- For your outgoing server port (SMTP), enter 465.
- Click "OK".
- Click "Test Account Settings". You should receive a test email confirming that everything works. If not, double check all your account settings, server names, and ports.
- Click "Close" to close the test window.
- Click "Next" on the E-mail Accounts window, then,
- Click the "Finish" button.
If this does not work, you may need to register the email address with the "Outlook Web App".