Creating Auto Responders
cPanel has the capacity to automatically respond to email with predefined messages.
- In cPanel, find the Email section.
- Click "Autoresponders".
- Click "Add Auto Responder".
- From the "Character Set" dropdown menu, select UTF-8 unless you know you want a different character set.
- For the "Interval", enter the number of hours between responses to the same email address.
- For "Email", enter the first part of your email address (the part before the @ symbol). From the dropdown menu, select the domain name for the email address.
- In the field labeled "From", enter the name you would like the auto response to appear to be from.
- In the field labeled "Subject", enter the subject of the auto-response email.
- If the body of the email will contain HTML, put a checkmark in the "HTML" checkbox.
- In the "Body" field, you will enter the body of the auto-response email. The tags "%subject%", "%mail%", and "%from%" will display the subject, name of the sender, or sender's email address, in the body of the auto-response email.
- Choose when the auto-responder will become active and deactivate.
- Select "Create/Modify".
Deleting An Auto Responder
- In cPanel, find the "Mail" section and click "Auto Responders".
- Find the auto responder you wish to delete and click "Delete" next to it.
- Confirm by click "Delete Autoresponder".