Setting Up Thunderbird
- Open Thunderbird.
- Click "Tools">"Accounts Settings".
- Click "Account Accounts".
- Click "Add Mail Account".
- Click "Continue"
- Enter your name and your complete email address in the input boxes.
- Click "Continue".
Thunderbird will now attempt to auto-configure itself. If you wish to do a manual setup, click "Stop".
- Edit the Server and Port fields to your preference.
- Choose POP or IMAP. This explanation of the difference may help you decide.
- Click "Manual Configuration".
- Select "Outgoing Server (SMTP)".
- For the "Description", enter your email address. For the server name, enter your mail server (mail.yourdomain.com, where 'yourdomain.com' is replaced by your domain). The default "Port" is 25, or 26 if your ISP blocks port 25. Verify there is a checkmark next to "User name and password". For "User Name", enter your complete email address. If "TLS" is available, select it.
- Click "OK".