Setting Up Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail is the default mail program in Windows 7.
- If this is the first time you have run Windows Live Mail, you will need to confirm you have read the license agreement before you can get started setting up your email.
- Windows Live Mail will now ask you to add an email account. Enter your complete email address and password, and click "Next".
- Choose POP or IMAP. This article will help you make your decision if you're not sure.
- Enter your server address, which will be "mail.yourdomain.com", where "yourdomain.com" is replaced by your actual domain name. This is both the incoming and outgoing server address.
- Enter the incoming server port number - if you chose POP3 it will be 110, for IMAP it will be 143.
- Enter the outgoing server port number - 25 is default. Some ISPs block 25, if you have trouble you might try ports 26 or 587.
- Under "Authenticate using", choose "Clear text".
- Input your full email address under "Logon user name".
- Click "Next", then "Finished.