Moving users from one WordPress installation to a new one must be done through the database. This requires using the phpMyAdmin tool in cPanel. Users can only be added to a new WordPress database.
Exporting WordPress Users
- In cPanel, open phpMyAdmin.
- Find the database that the user(s) currently resides in.
- Select the database, and then select "Export" from the top meny.
- Choose "Custom".
- Under the heading "Object creation options", put checkmarks in the boxes "Add DROP TABLE statement" and "Add CREATE PROCEDURE / FUNCTION / EVENT statement".
- Select "Go".
- Save the file to your local computer.
Importing WordPress Users To A New Database
- Open the new database in phpMyAdmin.
- Select the "Home" icon.
- Select the database from which you intend to import users.
- Click "Import" at the top.
- Click "Browse" under "File to import".
- Select the file that you saved in step 7 of the export process.
- Select "Ok"
- Click "Go".