Backing Up, Restoring, or Moving From One cPanel Host to Another
We offer free content transfers from cPanel hosts.
- First, create a full backup of your cPanel. If you don't know how to do this, see Generating or Downloading Full Backups
- Download your backup file, and put it in your Nixihost home directory.
- Submit a ticket. Make sure that you include the exact filename and path where it is stored in your home directory.
- When you get a response confirming that the backup has been restored, you can verify it by navigating to your temporary URL (for example, "http://server.domain.com/~cpanelusername/").
- If your site loads, the next step is to change the name servers. This information will have been provided to you via email when you created your new account.
Transferring From a Non-cPanel Host
Without the ease of cPanel, you will have to manually download the files via FTP, or request an .SQL or .CSV backup from your host.