Creating a Package
Packages are collections of preset specs defining what a user or domain can have access to. A package is not single-user specific- a package essentially defines a user class. One package can be used for any number of users. If you are a reseller, we recommend you create multiple packages of differing sizes so as to offer your customers a variety of hosting options. This also gives users room to upgrade.
How to Create a New Package
- In WHM, type "Add a Package" in the search field at the top left of the screen to find the correct screen.
- Enter the specifications for the hosting plan. You must also name the package.
A basic Wordpress site might get quantities of 1000-5000 for "Disk Quota" and 5000-10000 for "Monthly Bandwidth", for example.
- When you have filled out the form, click "Add" at the bottom of the page.
- Click the WHM logo at the top left of the page.
- Search for "Upgrade/Downgrade an Account" and select it.
- Pick your domain name and select "Modify".
- Choose the name for your new plan, and click the "Upgrade/Downgrade" button.
You are able to set limits on packages. The available limits are as follows.
- Disk Quota: This is the disk space in megabytes that are available for the cPanel account.
- Monthly Bandwidth: This is the limit, in megabytes, of the available bandwidth for data transfer in a month.
- Max FTP Accounts: This limits the number of FTP accounts that a cPanel user can create.
- Max Email Accounts: Total number of email addresses a user can create.
- Max Email Lists: This is the total number of mailing lists that the user can create.
- Max Databases: Maximum MySQL databases the user can have.
- Max Sub Domains: The maximum number of subdomains that can be added to a cPanel account.
- Max Parked Domains: This is the total number of parked domains that can be created.
- Max Addon Domans: The total number of domains that can be added to a cPanel account.
Feature lists allow you to limit available options in cPanel.
- In WHM, click on "Feature Manager"
- Pick a name for the new feature list, click "Add".
- You can now choose from the list of features to be limited on a specific package.
Note: Feature lists are applied to packages only. If you wish to apply a feature list to a single cPanel account on a package that other cPanel accounts have been created under, you will have to make a new package and put the single account you wish to feature-limit on that package.