"Sorry, a DNS entry already exists, please delete it first (from all servers in the dns cluster)"
You may have received this error when trying to add a new domain. If this occurs, it means that a DNS zone file already exists for the domain you are trying to add. You will have to delete the account and remove the DNS entry.
Terminate the Account
- In WHM, go to "Account Functions" and click "Terminate an Account"
- Pick the account you wish to terminate.
- In the field provided, type "I understand this will irrevocably remove all the accounts that have been checked."
- Select "Destroy Selected Accounts".
You should receive a message confirming the action. If you receive an error message instructing you to remove the subdomain, addon domain, parked domain, or account, it is linked to - do that before trying to edit httpd.conf. If you would like help editing the httpd.conf file, please submit a ticket.
Confirm the DNS Entry is Removed
- In "DNS Functions", open the "Delete a DNS Zone" area. Confirm that the domain name has been deleted and is not present. If it is gone, you can try to create the account again. If the DNS zone is still listed, continue on to step 2.
- Select the domain name you wish to delete.
- Click "Delete".
- To confirm the action, click "Delete".
You can now create the account. If you have problems again, this may be a problem with WHM, and you will need to submit a ticket so that we can resolve this for you.