Changing File Permissions
While some files need to be write protected to enure security, others need the ability to be edited and written.
Changing File Permissions Through cPanel
- Select "File Manager"
- Select the file whose permissions you would like to change.
- Choose "Permissions", at the top of the page.
- Choose the permissions for the file.
- Select "Change Permissions".
Changing File Permissions Through FTP
- Connect to your FTP.
- Find the file whose permissions you would like to change, and right click to bring up the context menu.
- Select "Attributes", "Properties", or "Permissions", whichever your FTP client shows.
Use the "chmod" command.